I don't know about you, but May 19th can't get here any sooner! I'm totally obsessed with the upcoming Royal Wedding! The story plays out like a movie, bad-boy Prince Harry falls in love with celebrity good girl, Meghan Markel. This wedding is estimated to cost 40 Million dollars + and although you might not have 40 million dollars for a wedding or 3,000 guest attending, this is not to say we couldn't host a wedding like royalty. Here is what I know you can do!
- Make sure you feel like a princess in your dress.
- You might not have trumpets announcing you- but a special song should! Make your grand entrance memorable!
- Just like the Royal couple, use edible flowers to decorate your wedding cake
- Create your own custom scent with candles to place all over the ceremony. Jo Malone is said to create thousands of custom candles for Windsor Castle for the wedding.
- Use lots of white flowers
- Keep the decor elegant but simple.
- The stationery should look simple but FEEL expensive.
- Lots of candles
Since we're dealing with my two favorite things here (celebrities and weddings) you bet your hiney that I will be glued to the TV and twitter to see what happens at the wedding (will Meghan wear Prince's Diana's tiara? Will the Queen have a stank face?) . In the meantime, here is some inspiration to what I think (wished) the royal wedding will look like.
Thank you to my dear vendor friends for going along with my Royal Wedding obsession! You guys sure do know how to treat your couples like royalty!
Venue: City Club Los Angeles
Florist: Flower Duet
Linen: Glow Concepts
Rentals: CMC Rentals
Stationery: Social Savvy
Photographer: Kristina Lee Photography
Videographer: Mission Visuals