To many of us, our doggies are our babies! They're family! It's only natural that we would want them to be part of the wedding ceremony or at least in the pictures on the most important day of our lives! Not only does it make it extra special to have our fur-babies present but they do make the cutest models! But before your run to buy a tiara or a doggy-bow-tie, I suggest your consider the following:
- Find out what the venue's pet policy is. Some locations charge a pet cleaning fee, etc. or are restricted to certain areas.
- Make sure you bring your pooch to rehearsal. You want to get an idea of how much cooperation should be expected.
- Assign someone at the ceremony to stand/sit next to your pet. Keep in mind that when your bundle of joy see's you, all sorts of excitement might happen, so that person might have to use the old doggy treat technique and quickly exit the ceremony.
- Inform your photographer and videographer. After all, you want to make sure you get some great shots (like the one's below!)
- Please pretty please, hire a pet sitter to pick up the Fur-baby after the festivities.
- Be prepared that your dog might steal the show. Despite all the cuteness, they might decide to rebel on the day of the wedding. They do have a mind of their own! Noise, lots of people, flashing cameras, might stress them out. If so, don't loose your cool! These situations make for 'ooohs" and "ahhs" and make for funny post-wedding stories!